C Spire invests $114M in central Mississippi
C Spire, a diversified telecommunications and technology services company continues to invest in wireless enhancements across the Central Mississippi area. These enhancements were part of a $114 million wireless investment project over the last 14 months in Mississippi.
C Spire’s wireless network, as well as how customers utilize it, is always evolving. In fact, in Mississippi, the average customer uses their smartphone about five and a half hours every day. This is 35% more than the global average – translating into greater demand from residents, cities, municipalities, schools, and law enforcement.
"Our goal is to consistently focus on our customers usage patterns and improve the customer experience," said Alan Jones, chief network officer for C Spire. “Adding capacity and coverage at micro and macro cell sites and addressing special needs for areas around the capitol city is a way for us to exceed the needs of our customers."
With nearly a half million residents in Hinds, Madison, and Rankin counties, C Spire is committed to consistently improving the customer experience on the network by adding speed and capacity and coverage at cell sites to stay ahead of customer needs.
“Our customer data usage has always been high across all areas of Central Mississippi," said Craig Jackson, general manager, wireless for C Spire. "This region is very important to C Spire because we have so many customers who we have served for three decades. Therefore, it’s vital we ensure they continue to have the best network experience to fit their needs.”
Here is a look at upgrades in Central Mississippi:
• Twelve Oaks Trace — Deerfield
• Cotton Blossom Lane — North Deerfield
• Hwy 16 — Northeast Madison County
• Hwy 51 — Between Gluckstadt & County
• Hwy 51 — South of Gluckstadt
• Madison Water Tank — Hoy Road
• Springridge Road — South of I-20
• Clinton — Tinnin Road/NW Clinton
• Old Vicksburg Road — Clinton Water Tower
• Hwy 80 — East Clinton
• North Gate Watkins Park — Watkins/Beasley Area
• East Lake Hico — Mayes Street, Jackson
• South West Street — Downtown Jackson
• John R. Lynch Street — West Jackson
• Spillway Road — Brandon
• Hwy 49 — North Florence
• Hwy 49 — South Richlan