Annual St. Joseph fundraiser Jan. 28
Tickets are on sale now for St. Joseph Catholic School’s Jeans, Jazz & Bruin Blues Draw Down for a chance to win things like gift baskets and thousands of dollars in cash in the name of raising money for better education.
St. Joe’s Draw Down is the school’s largest annual fundraiser and guests will have a chance to win themed gift baskets, vacation packages, and a grand prize of $10,000 in cash.
The Draw Down is Sat., Jan. 28 at The Country Club of Jackson from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Money raised from the event will be used to improve educational opportunities at St. Joe. 500 tickets are available and are expected to sell out fast.
St. Joe Principal Dr. Dena Kinsey said the Draw Down is an exciting family event that brings people at St. Joe together.
“This entire event supports what we do at St. Joe every day,” Kinsey said. “It brings together St. Joe families, friends, supporters, and others who value and appreciate a strong, faith-based education.”
Admission to the Draw Down is $130 a couple, and guests who attend can dine on a wide selection of food, enjoy an open bar, take a chance on gift baskets, participate in auctions, and have a chance to possibly win $10,000.
The Draw Down will feature the following events:
• Silent Auction: Guests will be able to bid on items such as a collection of tools from Home Depot, dining packages to local restaurants, packages to local hair salons; a Lincoln Luxe leather bag; and a necklace from Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry in Ridgeland.
• Live Auction: Several high-profile items will be up for bids, such as a signed Stephen Curry Golden State Warriors basketball jersey; a signed Demario Davis New Orleans Saints football jersey; and a stay in Winter Park, Colorado.
• Wall of Cheers: Guests will be able to purchase a numbered cork for $25. The number will correspond to a bottle of wine or a call brand of liquor the winner will take home. Items on the Wall of Cheers have a retail value of at least $25.
• Bruin Bucks: For a $10 ticket, guests will be able to take a chance on several elaborate specialty gifts and gift baskets. Prizes will include a Nexgrill, four-burner, stainless steel gas grill; an Apple products basket; and a lottery scratch-off tree with $275 in tickets.
• The Grand Prize: All throughout the night, the names of guests attending will be eliminated from the grand prize drawing for $10,000 in cash. The final 10 names will decide who wins the $10,000.
“The Draw Down is a great night out,” Kinsey said. “It’s a chance to meet and enjoy the company of people interested in celebrating and helping continue the great things happening at St. Joe. Ticket sales are going fast, so you need to act before this event sells out.”
Tickets for the event are available to purchase at St. Joe or online at the Draw Down website at www.stjoedrawdown.com.
St. Joseph Catholic School is located at 308 New Mannsdale Road in Madison just west of the Interstate 55-Highway 463 interchange.