McAlister’s coming to County Line Road
RIDGELAND — An old bank building on County Line Road will be torn down to make way for a new McAlister’s Deli location.
Community Development Director Alan Hart presented re-development drawings for a proposed new McAlister’s Deli to Mayor Gene McGee and the alderman at a recent meeting.
McGee said that he looked forward to the restaurant occupying a space that currently holds an abandoned building.
“This looks like a nice new McAllisters. We are excited about this,” McGee said.
He then asked if the item should stay on the consent agenda. Ward 2 Alderman Chuck Gautier said “absolutely.”
The new building is slated for 1280 E. County Line Road. The current structure on the property used to house a bank. The board unanimously approved an architectural review for the new structure on the consent agenda.
The item was also unanimously recommended for approval by the architectural review board.
In other news, aldermen voted to:
• Approve a special event permit for Northpark Fall Fest Oct. 17 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Approve a special event permit for Ardenland’s Twilight Concert at Renaissance at Colony Park Nov. 7 at 2 p.m.
• Declared a duty weapon for Ridgeland Police Department officer Andre Minter as surplus upon his retirement.
• Approved authorization to advertise for mosquito abatement services.
• Approved an interlocal agreement with Madison County regarding certain road and drainage projects within the city.