Gluckstadt hires its first court clerk
GLUCKSTADT — Stephanie Gerlach has been hired as the city’s first Municipal Court Clerk after action by the Mayor and Board of Aldermen last Thursday night as the Lucky City continues to come into its own.
“It is my understanding that Mrs. Gerlach passed all the necessary background screening we require, and I ask that the board formally hire her,” Mayor Walter Morrison said.
The board voted unanimously to hire Gerlach. Wesley Slay made a motion, and Jayce Powell seconded the motion.
Mayor Morrison congratulated Gerlach and said the board is looking forward to working with her to get the municipal court off the ground.
“Congratulations and welcome to the city,” he said.
Along with hiring Gerlach, the board also voted to approve a Homeland Security Task Force.
In other matters, the board:
• Unanimously approved a fireworks display for the upcoming Germantown High School Homecoming parade.
• Unanimously approved a site plan for Morgan Stone on Highway 51.
• Unanimously approved dimensional variance at 188 Church Road.
• Approved a site plan for 311 Calhoun Station Parkway with a 4-1 vote.
• Unanimously approved a site plan for Germantown Park on Church Road / Gluckstadt Way.
• Unanimously approved a site plan for Green Oak Nursery at 109 Enterprise Drive.
• Unanimously approved a site plan for CPS Pools and Spas on Kimball Drive.
• Unanimously approved a site plan for Mississippi Tent on Church Road.
• Adopted a resolution recognizing Germanfest at St. Joseph Catholic Church on Sunday, September 25.
• Adopted the 2023 Fiscal Year budget and reported their sales tax at $269,000.
• Approved the hiring of municipal election commissioners with a 3-2 vote.
• Adopted crime bond coverage for city employees.
• Approved the city to hold a Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 10.
• Approved decorating City Hall to support Germantown High School Mavericks Homecoming and Athletics.