Gluckstadt adds first 2 police officers to patrol
The Gluckstadt Police Department continues to expand with the hiring of two new police sergeants Tuesday night.
Gluckstadt Police Chief Wendell Watts presented two new sergeants, Cade Rounsaville and David Potvin.
He requested the board approve the final hiring for both at a starting salary would of $42,000 plus benefits.
“Both Rounsaville and Potvin have met the requirements and passed all background checks,” Watts said.
The board approved Rounsaville and Potvin’s hiring unanimously. They both took the Oath of Office and became Gluckstadt’s first two police sergeants.
In other matters, the board:
• Approved the hiring of Scott Maugh as Deputy City Clerk at a salary of $48,000 a year.
• Approved paying an off-duty fireman $15 an hour to assist with general city maintenance projects.
• Approved site plan for Calhoun Park Retail on Calhoun Station Parkway.
• Approved site plan for 110 Percent LLC on Lone Wolf Drive.
• Approved site plan for Storage City on Thomas Johnson Road with a 3-2 vote.
• Approved site plan for Tate Office Warehouse on Kimbell Road.
• Approved site plan for Surcee Designs on 612 Church Road.
• Approved site plan for The Maverick of Germantown on Church Road.
• Approved site plan for Rav Bedi’s C-Store 22201 on Highway 51 with a 3-2 vote.
• Approved conditional use for the buying and selling of fireworks for Outlets of Mississippi Fireworks Stand on 120 Yandell Road with a 3-2 vote.
• Approved the buying and selling of Robbie’s Fireworks in Gluckstadt with a 3-2 vote.