City to receive license plate cams
Alderman approved seven new Flock Safety LPR cameras Tuesday night, which will add to the five cameras already in use in the city.
Police Chief Barry Hale said the cameras are another good resource for Gluckstadt PD and are strategically placed around the city.
“There are five cameras in the city so far, and the board approved seven more for us using funds from the Homeland Security Grant we received for $150,000,” Hale said. “We will have 12 cameras in total for the city once we get the new ones.”
Hale said the department is working on placing each camera strategically throughout the city, primarily near businesses and restaurants.
Along with the new safety cameras, the alderman also approved a new pay scale for the Gluckstadt Police Department, which increased the hourly pay rate and salary for all officers.
In other matters, the board:
• Unanimously approved a new Central Mississippi Mayors Association Scholarship.
• Unanimously approved the nomination of Dr. Nakeitra Burse as City Health Coordinator.
• Unanimously approved sponsoring the Germantown Booster Club with a $500 donation.
• Unanimously approved observing Tuesday, Oct. 31 as the official night for trick-or-treating in the city.
• Unanimously approved the FY23 Municipal Compliance Questionnaire.
• Unanimously approved an Uninsured Motorist Coverage, Mississippi Municipal Liability Plan.
•Unanimously approved the lease for a new Public Works building by Lone Wolf Property.
• Unanimously approved the UPS installation on MDOT Traffic Signals.