Last Chance to Switch Your Medicare Advantage Plan
(BPT) - Have you ever bought something, tried it out and realized it just wasn’t “the one”? Well, how about choosing a Medicare plan and then after using it for about a month, you realize you chose the wrong plan. Enter the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period.
Currently running through March 31, the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period is basically for those people with “buyer’s remorse” and only for people with a Medicare Advantage plan, also known as Part C.
During this time, you can basically do 3 things:
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another
- Drop your Medicare Advantage plan and switch back to Original Medicare
- Add a stand-alone prescription plan (also known as Part D) to Original Medicare if you drop your Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plan
In 2022, more than 28 million people enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, according to KFF.org — that’s nearly half of all people on Medicare. And for those people on a Medicare Advantage plan, this is probably the last time they can change their plan until the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period rolls around in October.
There are many reasons why you may want to consider making changes to your Medicare Advantage plan during this enrollment period. Here are just a few:
- Your healthcare needs have changed: If your doctor prescribed a new medication or treatment, and your current plan doesn’t cover it, you may want to consider switching to a different Medicare Advantage plan that covers your needs better.
- You realize your current plan isn’t “the one”: We all make mistakes. Your Medicare Advantage plan may have looked good on paper, but in action, it didn’t give you the coverage you thought you were getting. During this time period, you get to make one change to another Medicare Advantage plan that will work better for you.
- You missed the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period: Even with all the TV ads, mail in your mailbox or even your friend reminding you about the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period this past October, you still may have missed it. This is your last chance to make a change to your Medicare Advantage plan until October (unless you become eligible for a Special Enrollment Period).
Whatever your reason to change, now is the time to make the switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another. The Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period ends on March 31.
The knowledgeable licensed insurance agents at ClearMatchTM Medicare can help. They will listen to your needs, compare plans, explain them in great detail, and make sure you are satisfied with your new plan.
Call ClearMatch Medicare today for a Free Medicare Review at 1-888-921-1287/TTY: 711, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m., and Saturday, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. (EST), or visit ClearMatchMedicare.com, open 24/7.