Gate approved for Lake Caroline street
Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:00 PM
LAKE CAROLINE — County supervisors approved a gated entrance for Katherine Drive located off Bridgewater Drive Monday night.
Carl Allen, county planning and zoning administrator, recommended approval for the gate, saying it met all the county standards.
At first there was a discussion about whether or not this was a county-maintained road but it was later determined this was a private street.
Allen said this was a cove street in one of the sub-developments of Lake Caroline.
In other county business:
• Supervisors approved a contract with Shred-it for disposal of old records in the amount of $3,849.75.
• Supervisors declared a cage at the sheriff’s department surplus property, in addition to two non-working 32-inch televisions at the Madison County Detention Center.
• Supervisors approved the hiring of Earthcon to produce an asbestos report for an upcoming chancery court/administration renovation project in the amount of $1,995.
• Supervisors approved data circuit upgrades to the Emergency Management Agency complex and Tax Collector’s Office in Flora.
• Supervisors approved the final plat for Woodscape of Oakfield, Phase 1A.
• Supervisors approved an amended final plat for Winward Cove Townhomes at Caroline.
• Supervisors approved a de-annexation resolution for a small portion of newly-annexed area in Ridgeland that was in the Southwest Madison County Fire Protection District so that residents would not be taxed twice for fire protection.
• Supervisors approved an emergency declaration following the April 2-3 storms that produced floodwaters that damaged approximately 50 homes in the county.
• Supervisors set a public appeal hearing for Chestnut Hills development for May 15.
• Supervisors approved a notice of violation for Terwinda Banks at 2098 Highway 16 East over junk vehicles and trash on the property.
• Supervisors approved a notice of violation for Lonedell Nicholson at 137-A Pisgah Botton Road for an overgrown lot.
• Supervisors approved final acceptance of four LSBP state aid projects including Dobson Avenue, Moss Road, Gus Green Road and Permenter Road.
• Supervisors approved a temporary construction easement for Ashbrooke subdivision.
• Supervisors approved a professional services contract with Neel-Schaffer Engineering for work on the Distribution Drive and Gluckstadt Road intersection improvements.
• Supervisors appointed County Administrator Shelton Vance as an individual capable of issuing an emergency declaration in the event one is needed immediately.