As frustration mounts each day, Madison County Sheriff Randy Tucker says there are no new leads in the case of missing two-year-old Myra Lewis.

"Unfortunately, we are really kind of at a standstill," he said. "We don't really have a lot to go on, other than the occasional tip we get that somebody has supposedly seen her somewhere or heard where she may be."

The sheriff said they have followed up on dozens of tips but nothing has materialized since she disappeared March 1.

"We still have no idea where she is," he said. "I've never worked a case this puzzling."

Tucker said one possibility is that she was taken by someone and the kidnapper now believes they are over their head and don't know what to do next.

"I would like to think if she were killed we would have found the body or some evidence," he said. "And we haven't. I think she's alive. I think she's with somebody. I just can't tell you who it is."

One reason he thinks that is the lack of specific tips that came forward after the FBI announced a $20,000 reward.

"We've received a lot of tips about sightings," he said. "Any time you put the monetary reward out there...if there was foul play involved and knowledge of it, that's incentive to call us with an anonymous tip. We just haven't gotten those."

For now, law enforcement will continue to search investigate.

"When you have the best in our country working on it and none of us can seem to get it done, it's extremely frustrating," Tucker said. "You run out of viable options of what you can do.

"We won't ever give up but there comes a point in time when you have other workloads you have to deal with too," he continued. "You can't continue to dedicate that many man hours and resources when there's absolutely nothing to lead you in a positive direction."

Tucker added, "I wake up thinking about her. I go to bed thinking about her."

Lewis was last seen wearing a turquoise sweater with a bear print, off-white pants and pink shoes. She was first reported missing at 4 p.m. on March 1 after last being seen by her mother at 10 a.m.

Her father, Gregory Lewis, told law enforcement that he searched for her for hours with an ATV and the family dogs before contacting the authorities.

To date, law enforcement have searched a nearby pond and even used heavy machinery to look into recent septic work done on the property to no avail. They have scoured several square miles around the family home in Camden with grid searches.

Her mother, Ericka Lewis, was arrested on March 8 by sheriff deputies for being a felon in possession of a firearm. Her previous felony conviction was for welfare fraud. She remains held at the Madison County Detention Center pending a probation revocation hearing that was delayed until May 19.

She has three probation violations pending, including the firearm possession, failure to pay court costs, and failure to pay supervision fees.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts can call Crime Stoppers at 601-355-TIPS.